Automatic downloads are triggered on Station restart / files are downloaded on every open

:writing_hand: Gmail attachment downloads after restart

My problem is that after restarting Station, a particular email PDF attachment downloads automatically, without being initiated by me. I believe this attachment is the last email attachment that I downloaded.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Restarting Station

• :boom: Issue — Email attachments downloads automatically

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Mac OS High Sierra v10.13.3

• :gear: Station version — Station v1.35.0

This issue is still ongoing. I have Station version 1.36.0 and it continues to download copies of previous downloads automatically. When I checked my download folder today it had 25 copies of the exact same file.

still downloading on 1.36… Update is not the solution

V1.37.1 --> same issue…

This is really frustrating…can we please get a fix for this?

1 Like

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

Gmail attachment redownloads itself at every Station startup

• :gun: Trigger — Gmail Attachment Download . . . Regular Station startup

• :boom: Issue — I’ve had a problem where, after downloading a Gmail attachment one day,
    then going about my day and closing Station… Whenever I open Station again, it automatically redownloads the same file (over and over), even though I’m at Gmail home (and not closing Station on that email). I don’t know what to make of it, but after the 10th time, I decided to report.

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesSharedScreenshot

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 10 64bit

• :gear: Station version — Latest as of today - 1.37.2

Sorry about the duplicate post, thanks moderator for moving and closing mine. Had searched for it with other words, tried some searches with no luck so, in a hurry, created my own topic.

Adrien Thiery’s solution has solved it for me. Thanks, man.

Everytime I open Station a couple files get added to my Downloads. - again, and again, and again. I think you get ti - like - EVERY TIME I open Station.

I’m using the latest version of the app on the latest version of Mac OSX.

I’ve stopped using Station because of it. Any ideas?

Eddie

1 Like

This problem isn’t solved for Mac, I have one attachment from Slack that it kepts being downloaded whenever I start the app.

36%20AM

1 Like

I removed my gmail accounts from Station. closed Station, reopened and reattached the accounts.

For now - Station has stopped downloading the attachments (when re-opening Station.)

I haven’t downloaded anything new yet. too afraid.

1 Like

Hey, I think I solved this for gmail attachments! This problem was plaguing me too with gmail. MacOS High Sierra. The same two attachments from last month were downloading every time I opened the app.
When I hovered over the gmail logo on the left bar (where all the apps are located), there popped up a list of about a dozen emails, and when I x-ed them off the list, the downloading stopped, because sure enough those two emails were among that list. Not sure what that list is, it’s kind of like open tabs maybe?

1 Like

My problem is that …
whenever I turn on station (or switch to gmail) there’s a certain mail attachment that keeps re-downloading over and over again with every restart/switch, even though I already downloaded it dozens of times.
Is this a known issue? what’s the workaround?

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue
    a specific old mail attachment downloads within every login/switchin g to gmail

• :desktop_computer: OS version

• :gear: Station version

1 Like

There is a definitely an issue on the Station platform. Same keeps happening to me as well,. I am on version 1.40.1 - it just keep re-downloading the same file over and over again. It’s really annoying…

Also, you have a bug which says the file is still downloading and yet the file has been successfully downloaded.

Please rectify.

1 Like

Can you guys do something on this download issue, the files keep just downloading multiple times without any end to it. Its teh same file being downloaded, sometimes happens during opening of the station, or when you move to other tool windows…Its really frustrating!

1 Like

My problem is that GMail downloads files nearly every time I access the app. This occurs ever since I open the app in Station, and it drives me crazy. The files are files that I once wanted to download; they then downloaded successfully, but now they’re being re-downloaded, which is not what I want.

• :gun: Trigger — Opening the GMail app; this issue occurs intermittently.

• :boom: Issue — Files are downloaded when I’ve not asked for files to download.

• :desktop_computer: OS version — macOS Mojave 10.14.4

• :gear: Station version — 1.40.1

This still happens in Station 1.41.1…

i am on version 1.41.1 and am having this issue

My post on this issues was closed, but this issue definitely is not resolved. I have the latest version of station and it automatically downloads the last two pdf files I have downloaded every time I start station. I currently have 5 copies of the same file on my machine and have to delete them weekly. This is starting to become so annoying that I may have to uninstall the app

I am in the same boat

I’m using 1.41.1. I see this issue as well.
@Georges