Asana getting reloaded regularly / connection drops often

When I scroll through tasks on Asana it keeps getting reloaded. Sometimes the text that I’ve already typed disappears because of this reload.

MacOS Sierra 10.12
Station Version 1.27.1

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

Asana frequently drops connection where progress can’t be saved with Task creation/updating. Reloading does not work.

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger — Updating/adding Tasks

• :boom: Issue — Loses connection

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/pictures

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Sierra 10.12.5

• :gear: Station version — 1.35.0

My problem is that Asana is not loading correctly since a couple of days… I have to manually Reload This Page multiple times during the day to keep Asana working correctly.

• :gun: Trigger — Nothing special, when I come back to Asana during the day, it’s not loading correctly anymore

• :boom: Issue — Asana is not loading correctly since a couple of days

• :movie_camera: Explanatory gifs/picturesAsana%20not%20loading%20correctly

• :desktop_computer: OS version — macOS Mojave 10.14.3

• :gear: Station version — 1.39.2

Same issue. The page just keeps trying to load. After Application Reset via Station Help, sometimes reset has to be done 2-3 times in a row before Asana will temporarily work again. Also, yellow/dark orange bar across top of Asana is often displayed indicating it cannot connect and is retrying…but it never resolves without application reset.

My problem is that …

If i navigate away from asana and then navigate back, i have to refresh (cmd + r) for it to fully load

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :desktop_computer: OS version
    macOS 10.14.4 Beta

• :gear: Station version
    Stationversion 1.39.2

1 Like

My problem is that …all of my apps are doubled and more.:scream::scream::scream:. and also i cant get to asana log in page

• :gun: Trigger

• :boom: Issue

• :desktop_computer: OS version — mackbook air

• :gear: Station version — latest

I have this exact same problem. It began yesterday with the brief outage/disruption-of-service that Asana had but it’s still happening today (and they report no issues so far today). I’ve already closed & restarted Station, but it’s still happening. Any ideas?

Yup been getting the loading issue for a week or so now. My whole workplace is having exactly the same problem with Asana, it just never loads anything and you have to refresh it every time you search or click on something. Really slowing us down.

Experiencing the same issue with Asana on our end as well.

Sorry to hear about that. We are struggling to reproduce the issue on our end. Do you reckon there are specific times when this happen? (after launching Station? when performing a specific action?) Or is it totally random?

My problem is that a few times a day when I’m trying to load Asana, it goes to a white screen like it’s loading but nothing happens no matter how long I wait. If I shut Station down, it loads fine. This is a new problem that started 2-3 weeks ago, and Asana it the only app it has issues loading for me.

White%20Screen

• :gun: Trigger — no specific trigger. It happens randomly.

• :boom: Issue — white screen loading page when using Asana that doesn’t stop unless I shut Station down

• :desktop_computer: OS version — Windows 7

• :gear: Station version — 1.41.1

1 Like

Having the same issue - have you gotten any follow-up on this?

Same problem here. Some clues:
Asana shows this message: “Trying to reconnect. Changes will be synced once your connection is restored.”
The page console shows:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED
6 bundle.js:2 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://r25954097.sync.app.asana.com/socket?version=11&userId=19739990433941&shardId=2338353386546’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

/app/asana/-/socket?…9990433941&idle=1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED

12 bundle.js:2 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://r25954772.sync.app.asana.com/socket?version=11&userId=19739990433941&shardId=2338353386546’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED

bundle.js:2 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://r25954773.sync.app.asana.com/socket?version=11&userId=19739990433941&shardId=2338353386546’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_NETWORK_IO_SUSPENDED

/app/asana/-/socket?…941&sync_errors=1:1

Restart to work after reloading…

Totally random but I will say there are way too many of us having this issue for you all to not be able to reproduce it… here is a video that shows the initial problem (I was not able to get it to reproduce in this short video but sometimes the issue reoccurs immediately and other times after 15-20 minutes…) https://www.loom.com/share/b5d4e1696aa545679867ee23be0d44cb

So Asana worked all day yesterday for me. My computer (I think) went to sleep, or I know it did log me out, overnight. I get to my desk this morning and Asana has the gold bar/disconnected message. So maybe that is more clues…it has something to do with computers sleep, wake, log in/out??

Here is an updated video with the white screen of death after applicatoin reset https://www.loom.com/share/83c80a4f00c74332a424d726e5e31b3a

Update 5h after the above

I have confirmed this has nothing to do with logging out/in or computer sleeping/locking nor the dasboard icon for Asana being relocated (automatically or manually) within Station.

I have had the white screen of death 4 times in the last 10 minutes after application reset. It seems that I can comment or other perform an Asana function once, then upon immediate subsequent action; white screen of death…

I’m experiencing very similar problems as well :slightly_frowning_face:

This tends to happen for me when I have moved away from Station for a while or after waking up my computer. It’s like it can’t ever reconnect to Asana once it’s gone to sleep without a hard reset. When I first launch Station, Asana is usually working fine.

I thought this at first too. but today, for example, I am at my computer all day and had to reset asana no less than 10 times and I never left my computer…I finally resorted to the web version until this gets fixed. It is extremely painful as Asana in my digital brain…I was just given a lobotomy without permission.

I’ve also experienced this. We use the Harvest plugin - what i’ve noticed is that when I return to Station and it freezes; if i’m on a task, the Harvest timer icon is missing. I’m not sure what’s happening, but I wonder if anyone else who experiences this issue also uses the harvest plugin