Apps not loading / nothing is displayed in the web-view / getting a white screen / stuck at "please wait while we load..."

📦station-v1-30-x
✅released

(Arastu) #1

The issue I’m facing is:

Many times when I launch Station, multiple apps don’t load, all I get is a white screen. Even an app refresh (Cmd + R) doesn’t work. I need to restart Station and then they load.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Launching Station
  • Issue: Apps don’t load, I get a white screen. This is not version specific. My OS has received updates, so has Station, yet the problem has persisted all through.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
    Gmail app whitescreen -
    Slack app whitescreen -
    Messenger app whitescreen -
    But WhatsApp is working
  • OS version: Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Station version: 1.13.1

Whenever I reopen Station one of my gmail accounts and whatsapp have to be re-added
Any version 1.25+ will sit on "Wait while we load" screen on all apps
(Georges Abi-Heila) #2

Hey @arastuz,

Thanks for reaching out.
A few questions to try to reproduce this bug on my side:

• How old is your Mac?
  • Is you internet connection behind a proxy?
  • How often do you restart your computer?
  • Does using the Shift + Cmd + R to “hard refresh” the app solves the issue

(Arastu) #3

Hey @Georges:

1. My Mac is “MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)”
  2. No, not behind a proxy
  3. Every morning
  4. Nope

(Vijay Srinivas) #4

I also occasionally face this issue on my Asus Laptop running Win 10. I gets rectified when I close the station app and reopen it. It happens predominantly for Gmail.

(Arastu) #5

This problem is now getting extremely irritating! Sometimes not even getting solved on restarting the app! Please help Team Station.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #6

Hey @arastuz,

“Resetting” your Station should solve the issue:

Tell us how it goes :wink:

(Arastu) #7

Reset now! Let’s see, will get back if it continues. Any inkling on the reason?

(Arastu) #8

The same problem is back! This is so frustrating! :sweat:

(Georges Abi-Heila) #9

mmm still can’t reproduce the bug. Let’s investigate a bit.
Can you:

• Click “Edit” > “Copy Current Page’s URL” and send the URL here? (like this: https://cl.ly/sXw0)
  • Try double clicking on the concerned app’s icon? (like this: https://cl.ly/sZ6Y)

Also, can you give any idea of the action that triggered this bug? What where you doing before? On which app? How?

(Anir Agarwal) #10

Having the same issue here - also, Station seems to have opened a second completely blank window that I can’t exit out of or access.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #11

Hey @Anir_Agarwal :wave:

I’m having a hard time reproducing this bug.
Could you help me identify reproduction steps and triggers:

This should helps us fix this nasty bug!

(Uzoma Ayogu) #12

The issue I’m facing is:
Whenever I reopen Station at least one of my gmail accounts and whatsapp have to be re-added.

The screen remainds white so I have to re-add the accounts.
Whatsapp my removing the instance and adding again, gmail by turning off and then on.

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Turning station off and then on
  • Issue: Whatsapp & Gmail not loading after opening station again
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Station version: 1.15.1

(Micah Klassen) #13

I am having this same issue. Recently an update made it so I don’t know how to refresh an app. Before I was able to double click the gmail icon for example and it would refresh, but now that does nothing and I have to restart station to get past the white screen.

I want to push this app to our whole organization but I will wait until this is resolved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Micah Klassen) #14

I did find the relaunch button in the “View” menu on my mac. I will try this the next time I receive a white screen on an app.

(Matthew S) #15

Since the 1.26 update, the apps either: Don’t load (just get stuck at “wait while we load X”) or any apps that do load, don’t load correctly. Eg. Facebook only loads the header, but cannot click any links in the menu, Gmail loads the inbox, but cannot open or delete any emails.

Station 1.26.0
(Filipe Almeida) #16

For some reason it auto updated my 1.25 version and i haven’t been able to use slack since, and if i try to just use 1.25 it will give me an error saying there is an updated version installed.

Problem is, the newer versions simply don’t work, it will be on the loading screen or on Slack for example it will say “Reconnecting…” and stay there forever.

Is there a fix or a way to remove the updates and stick to the last version that worked?

(Georges Abi-Heila) #17

Hey @Rosebudd, @Radius, @Micah_Klassen, @Uzoma_Ayogu, @Anir_Agarwal, @arastuz, @Vijay_Srinivas :wave:

This should be fixed in Station’s latest version (1.30.0) :partying_face:
Could you update your Station and tell us if it’s been solved for you?

To update, just open the preferences (from the “Station” top bar menu) and click the “Check for updates” button on the right.

(Filipe Almeida) #18

@Georges s there a way to simply block auto updates ? Nothing after 1.25 works on Windows 7.

(Georges Abi-Heila) #19

Hey @Rosebudd, there’s unfortunately no way to do that for the moment :pray:

Have you considered updating your OS version? Windows 7 in nearly 10 years old and its support will soon be discontinued by Microsoft…

(Filipe Almeida) #20

@Georges but W10 is so terrible…I have considered it but 7 is so smooth and flawless. But I guess you’re right.