Allow renaming of app instances / changing app names

(Anjan Shrestha) #1

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a user I want to rename instance of an app so that I can see what instance I am switching to while hovering over the app icon

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I want to switch to an instance of same app, I get confused of the actual page that the instance is related to.

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to be able to see what instance I am switching to as soon as I hover over the app icon.

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• Gives me a clear view of instance of an app that I’m about to switch to.

Naming each slack channel
Rename Instances of apps
(Tony Xiao) #2

As someone who uses the same app (Asana) for both work and personal, I want to easily navigate between them so that it’s faster for me.

When I am trying to switch between instances of the same app via task switcher (Cmd+t), both my personal and my work asana accounts shows up as “Asana”. This does not help me find the right now.

I’d like to be able to rename instances of Asana myself.

• I can actually use task switcher to switch between instances of the same app efficiently.

(Timothy Eyrich) #3

As aheavy slack user I want to be able to name my different slack channels so I can see which one is which when I hover over them.

When I go to my 3 slack teams and hover over the icon it just says slack, I cant see what team is which icon, unless I remember what order they are in. I would love to be able to name them myself or have the name it is show up.

I’d like to be able to see the slack team names for each slack team I have added when I hover over the icon.

• Being able to see which team I am responding to faster.

(Zach Weismann) #4

I really second the posts in this thread. Would be great to either be able to showcase a different icon / picture like with multiple Gmail accounts, or change the icons / color / rename multiple instances. Especially since so many of us use multiple gmail accounts, mulitple slack accounts, etc. Thanks!

(matts) #5

Same here. Can we please get this on the roadmap?

Thanks,
matts

(Mahmoud M. Abdel-Fattah) #6

So, I just installed the app and I wanted to migrate from Franz to it, but this was my first migration blocker, I mainly use this kind of apps because I’m using multiple WhatsApp/Slack, so how can I differentiate between them?!