Adding two work/school/institutional emails to Station

:writing_hand: Brief description of the issue

My problem is that I have two @school.edu accounts, and I can only log in one of them. This should be a bug, but there is a way to walk around it (through a lucky tweak).

:warning: Mandatory details

• :gun: Trigger
    The trigger would be the attempt to add the second @school.edu email account to Station.

Solution
There is an Inbox app, which is the “newer Gmail interface”. Logging through Inbox has got me the second @school.edu account to log in. Furthermore, as Google also asked if I would like to switch from Inbox back to Gmail, I now have two school accounts at the same time.

You can definitely do that:

Hope this helps

To complete the bug report, here goes more details when I try to log in two Gmail accounts that are " school accounts" (ending in .edu) ==>

For the first school account, email01@work_school.edu, I can log in without tweaking anything. It takes two, if not three steps to complete, as the school account is managed by Google and protected by Duo (a 2-step verification service). The steps include: 1. feed the full email to Google’s Gmail sign-in page; 2. this brings me to the school’s sign-in page, which takes my username + password; 3. it prompts me a Duo verification step, where I need to approve the log-in through the phone App. So far, so good.

When I tried to add the second school account, email02@work_school.edu, I can go through Step 1 and Step 2, and normally, this second school account does not require the third step, as it is not 2-step protected for now.

However, after repeating the two log-in steps for the second school account, I will only be prompted with the Gmail interface for the first school account. All my attempts to log into the second school accounts are not registered to Station.

PS: I am confused by the simply reply “You can definitely do that”. Is it meant for confirming the bug, and affirming the fix? If so, I FAILED to replicate the Inbox procedure on my “work-work machine”, owned by the School and located physically in my office ==> although I went through the “Inbox route”, I will get sent to a random Gmail account that I have already logged in. This can sometimes happen by replacing the last App from the left-column.

1 Like