Add a button "clear all (non-starred) pages" in the subdock

SUMMARY (your need in one sentence)

As a Product Manager, I want to have a neat subdock that contains only the pages I need at the moment.

GIVE US CONTEXT (tell us about the current experience)

When I open a lot of pages (especially in Google Drive), the subdock gets cluttered.
CloudApp

PROVIDE DETAILS (tell us what you are looking to change)

I’d like to have a button that clears the subdock of an app of all the non-starred/bookmarked pages so that, when I’ve finished working on a project, I clear the unneeded pages with 1 click

DESCRIBE THE IMPACT (how would it change your experience)

The main advantages for me are:

• Clearer work-space
  • Spend less time looking for the right page within a subdock

As a Station user I want to close all open pages of an application so that much-used apps don’t get messy after a few days.

I recently noticed that in days of heavy GitHub action (lots of pull request/reviews), the GitHub submenu gets super-crowded with obsolete pages, which makes it hard to find the right one, and closing the pages one after one is a bit tedious.

It would be nice to have a way to close all the stale pages of an app

1 Like

PROBLEM:
After using station for a while I will accumulate many unimportant views for each app, the only way to close them today is to hove and then click the X button on each.

REQUEST:
Close all button, or some other solution for this.

1 Like

I’m really surprised there aren’t more votes for this. This is a really common action that I perform daily in github and Google drive - closing many pages - and I can’t believe that I’m the only one. In other popular apps there are similar actions to close all windows - VSCode for one - and I would sure value this.

Likewise, I have found this to be a huge pain point. In lieu of this ability I have actually removed the github and google drive apps so that they open in a normal browser and don’t gather up.

1 Like

I can only confirm / vote for this, that’s really a huge pain for using Drive within Station.
Thank you !

I agree and it’s funny that we bring this up whereas Station should avoid all the clutter of a browser… well now instead of having many windows with tabs going horizontal, we have one main window, several apps and than several windows (going from top to bottom).

Station seems to be just a transposed browser, with a lot of missing features… I use it, it’s OK, but far from revolutionary.