A print popup / dialog box is automatically triggered on Station restart

📦station-v1-15-x
✅released

(Corey Bleich) #1

The issue I’m facing is …
After printing an email from Gmail, the next time I launch Station, the system print dialog box pops up and Station does not fully load until I click to print the email again. If I click to Cancel in the dialog box, Station will finish loading, but the dialog box will continually pop up at seemingly random intervals. This occurs for every email I printed during the previous session. (e.g. if I previously printed three emails, there are three recurring print dialog boxes).

Here’s the detailed report

• Trigger: Printing email from Gmail
  • Issue: Primary issue is recurring system print dialog boxes popping up during next Station session.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ):
  • OS version: Mac OS 10.13.2
  • Station version: 1.2.0

File keeps auto-downloading unprompted
Print dialogue opens when I launch gmail
Print pops up by itself
Print Now - On Open. Every. Single. Time
File keeps auto-downloading unprompted
Printing Issues - Station will only let me print the first page!
(Tom Nightingale) #2

Also applies to Windows 10

Station version 1.2.0.

Occurs even after system restart.

(Tom Nightingale) #3

Still an issue on 1.5.0

http://prntscr.com/ieiys9 (Station version details)

(Javier Hernanz Arnaiz) #4

I have the same issue in Windows 10 and station version 1.6.0 since several versions.

(Shaun Marconi) #5

I am having the same issue.

Station version 1.6
os version: 10.13.3

(Alexandre Lacheze) #6

Can you guys hover the icon for Gmail and close the items that are not used anymore. I think it is the issue.

Next release, we are pushing a fix that’ll do that automatically.

(Javier Hernanz Arnaiz) #7

OK, it seems to work for me. Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

(Tom Nightingale) #8

Agreed, this seems to have done the trick for me too.

It’d be nice if this wasn’t an issue in the future but for the time being this is a good fix :slight_smile:

(Vincent) #10

This is still an issue in 1.8.1.
Closing previous sessions works but that should ideally not be necessary, right.
Thank you for fixing this. I love your product!

(Fran) #11

The issue I’m facing is every time I open Station, a file I previously downloaded a week ago keeps automatically re-downloading again.

• Trigger: Opening Station
  • Issue: Every time I open Station or Station is automatically run on startup, I get a notification that a file has been successfully downloaded. I did not open any files, click to download any files or have said file already open.
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): https://i.imgur.com/il1LjGW.png
  • OS version: Win 10 Pro Insider Preview 1709
  • Station version: 1.5.1

(SD) #12

Having the exact same issue. Please review!

(Lisa Wood) #14

When I open gmail, a print window opens, but I have nothing in the print queue.

• Trigger: Open Gmail
  • Issue: Print window opens
  • OS version: mac high sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)
  • Station version: 1.7.2

53%20AM

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gmail app, completing the print job instead of cancelling it (it still comes back the next time), logging out and logging back in, etc.

This doesn’t happen when I open gmail in my browser.

(Yosef Fried) #15

Many times when I move to Station I get a print pop up. See attached 0D00F553-DEDF-4493-A71E-BDC58D615CD1

Began happening about 2-3 weeks ago after an upgrade of Station.

• Trigger:
  • Issue:
  • OS version:
  • Station version:

(Aja Ferrell) #17

The issue I’m facing is … every time I open station, it comes up with the print now screen and wants me to print something. I’ve let it print but it still comes up. Every single time.

• Trigger: On open.
  • Issue: Print Now opens
  • Explanatory gifs/pictures (we really need that :pray: ): None.
  • OS version: Windows
  • Station version: 1.4.0

(Georges Abi-Heila) #18

Hello @Fran, @didi, @Aja_Ferrell, @Vincent, @lisawood, @Yosef_Fried

This happens when you didn’t close a download/print page you had previously opened (usually in Gmail, Gdrive or Slack). Now every time you restart Station, the page is refreshed and triggers the prompt.

To get rid of that you’ll just have to scout your subdock and close unused pages.

Tell me how it goes.

17%20PM

(Jeremy Evans) #19

Thanks Georges - I’ve had the same issue and have closed the pages so hopefully that’ll sort it. It’s a pretty confusing issue though so might be worth having a feature that prevents it from happening somehow.

(Shane Burton) #20

This is happening to me on Slack. I clicked on a document that had been posted and now it downloads every time I open Station. Please provide guidance on how to stop this.

(Shane Burton) #21

Never mind…it was a page that was a page open that I missed. Would be nice to have Station understand it doesn’t need to download every time it is opened. Good way to fill up someone’s hard drive if they aren’t paying attention to it.